Escondido Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury law deals with bringing the negligence of others to light. When someone else’s misconduct, negligence, or intentional malicious act injures another person, the victim has the right to seek compensation. Financial recovery is the least a victim deserves after suffering a serious personal injury. Contacting a lawyer about your Escondido personal injury case can maximize your odds of success.
Injured in Escondido, California? Contact the Liljegren Law Group for help. We can explain your rights after a personal injury accident and help you and your family through this difficult time. From finding the right doctor to treat your injuries, to filing a lawsuit against the proper party within the state’s two-year deadline, your lawyer will take care of everything on your behalf. Our lawyers have the experience and commitment to justice you need for a strong case.
Why Hire Liljegren Law Group’s Escondido Personal Injury Lawyers?
- Our attorneys always put clients first. We find creative solutions and use groundbreaking legal tactics to meet every client’s unique needs.
- Our past personal injury successes showcase our ability to obtain six- and seven-figure awards for clients.
- Our law firm takes Escondido personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis, with no attorney’s fees unless we win.
Can We Help Your Case?
The Liljegren Law Group serves San Diego County in many ways. Our Escondido accident lawyers have experience with multiple practice areas, including family and criminal defense law. Personal injury law, however, is where we have the most extensive experience. We are up-to-date on the latest California personal injury laws that may affect your case.
Type of Personal Injury Cases We Handle:
Our Escondido personal injury lawyers are currently accepting the following types of cases, among others:
- Car accidents. More than 1,300 people sustained injuries or died in Escondido auto accidents in 2015. Human error caused most of these collisions. Drunk, speeding, distracted, and negligent drivers can crash into other drivers and pedestrians and cause serious injuries. Using a lawyer to represent your case can lead to better compensation than you could obtain alone. Contact an Escondido car accident attorney to get legal assistance as soon as possible.
- Motorcycle accidents. If you have a head or brain injury, broken bone, serious road rash, spine injury, or internal organ damage from an Escondido motorcycle accident, our lawyers can help. We aid injured crash victims in the civil lawsuit process, fighting to obtain fair and full results. We’ll combat negative stereotypes against motorcyclists on your behalf and get more for your claim.
- Premises liability accidents. Our lawyers have extensive experience handling slip and fall claims, dog bite injuries, swimming pool accidents, and other types of premises liability cases in San Diego County. We know how to prove property owner negligence when an owner should have reasonably prevented the accident with proper control and maintenance of the premises.
- Elder abuse. Elder abuse and neglect can heavily impact your loved one’s physical and mental well-being. If you believe an Escondido nursing home is negligently or intentionally harming your senior citizens family member, contact us. We’ll investigate the home for signs of physical, mental, financial, and sexual abuse. If we believe you have a case against an individual or facility, our Escondido elder abuse attorneys will file the claim on your behalf.
- Wrongful death. California residents have the power to file wrongful death claims in pursuit of damages to their deceased loved ones and surviving family members if the death arose from someone else’s negligence or misconduct. If you lost a loved one in a car accident, workplace incident, violent attack, or other unexpected circumstances, contact our Escondido wrongful death lawyers. You may be eligible for compensation.
Our firm accepts a wide variety of personal injury cases, not just those listed here. If you’re curious about whether we can help you and your family, call (760) 294-1515 to discuss your case with a lawyer. Initial case evaluations are free and confidential. We have successfully resolved hundreds of cases in the past, and can bring our unique legal experience to your personal injury claim.
Contingency Fee: No Fees Unless We Win
Do not let the potential price tag of legal services dissuade you from seeking counsel from an attorney. At Liljegren Law Group, we take all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. We do not charge a dime upfront to represent car accident, slip and fall, catastrophic injury, wrongful death, or other cases. We only charge for services rendered if and when we secure a financial award for you as our client. That way, every injured accident victim in Escondido, regardless of socioeconomic status, can benefit from the representation of an attorney.
If we accept your case, do not expect to pay anything until its resolution. We will take care of your medical bills and other expenses so you can move on with your life during the legwork of your claim without going into debt. We will work hard to fight for maximum possible compensation for your damages. If you do not win, neither do we. You will not owe your lawyer anything for a lost case. If we do secure a settlement or judgment award on your behalf, we will deduct our fees as a pre-agreed upon percentage of the final award. You will never have to afford your Escondido personal injury attorney out of pocket if you retain Scott Liljegren.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Claim?
You might have a personal injury claim if you have reason to believe someone negligently, recklessly or wantonly caused your recent injuries. If a drunk driver crashed into you, for example, you could have a case against the driver for causing your accident. Most personal injury cases require the presence of four main elements.
- Duty of care. The defendant had a duty to use reasonable care around you.
- Breach of duty. The defendant negligently or recklessly breached the duty of care.
- The defendant’s actions caused your injuries.
- You had compensable losses because of the incident.
It can be difficult to determine whether you have an injury claim in some scenarios. Liability for a personal injury is not always clear. A consultation with a lawyer from Liljegren Law Group can help you understand whether you have grounds for a personal injury claim after an accident in Escondido.
Damages You May Be Entitled To
If you do have the elements of a personal injury lawsuit, you and your family may be eligible for a compensatory award that could cover past and future expenses relating to the accident. The state of California enables accident victims to demand awards for tangible and intangible damages. Most civil courts sort damages into three main categories.
- Compensatory economic damages. These are out-of-pocket expenses your family had to pay to recover from the accident, such as hospital bills and vehicle repairs. They can also include lost wages, legal fees and travel expenses.
- Compensatory noneconomic damages. These are the physical, emotional and psychological losses you suffered due to the trauma of the accident. California only places a cap on noneconomic damages in medical malpractice claims ($250,000).
- Punitive damages. This is an exemplary award a judge may give you if he or she deems your compensatory award insufficient to cover your significant losses, or else to punish the defendant for wrongful acts.
Every case is unique. The value of your case may not match someone else’s, even with similar types of accidents. The best way to get an accurate and trustworthy evaluation of your claim is with help from an attorney. Our lawyers can calculate an estimated value of your case today during a free consultation in Escondido.
California Statute of Limitations in Personal Injury Cases
When you work with our law firm, you don’t have to worry about knowing or navigating all the state and municipal laws that may apply to your case. However, we know it can give you peace of mind to know at least the basic California personal injury laws. The more you know about the law, the more confident you can feel in your injury claim. First, pay attention to the deadline for filing. California has a statute of limitations of two years from the date of your accident. If you fail to file your injury claim within this deadline, you most likely lose your right to file.
If you’ve been in a car accident in Escondido, the state’s at-fault insurance laws state that you will seek recovery through the at-fault party’s insurance company. This contrasts with no-fault states, in which drivers file claims with their own insurance companies regardless of fault. California is also a comparative negligence state. This means that in any personal injury claim, a partially at-fault claimant may still qualify for compensation. You could still receive a portion of a settlement or judgment even if you contributed to your accident.
Contact an Escondido Personal Injury Attorney
Learn more about the law and your specific case during a free evaluation at our local law firm. We invite you to submit a contact form online with details about your recent accident and injuries. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible to discuss your case for free.