San Diego Car Accident Lawyer
Our San Diego Car Accident Lawyers Fight for Maximum Recovery
Here at Liljegren Law Group, we try to make a difficult time as easy as possible for you and your family. If you have been injured in a car crash in San Diego County and are considering hiring an accident attorney, we can help you today. Here are some of the reasons why you should contact our firm today.
- We provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation.
- We will let you know if you have a legitimate claim.
- If we accept your case, you don’t pay us anything unless we can recover money for you.
- We handle dealing with the insurance companies for you.
- We have extensive experience handling auto accident lawsuits for people in San Diego County.
San Diego Car Accident FAQ:
- Who is Liable For My Car Accident Injuries?
- How Much do Accident Attorneys Cost in San Diego?
- Where are San Diego’s car accident hotspots
- What Should I do After an Accident?
- 5 Rules to Remember After a Car Crash
Do You Have an Accident Case? Fill Out a Free Case Evaluation Form!
Getting into a traffic accident is frightening for anyone, especially when you or a loved one suffers injuries. Even a “fender bender” can lead to uncomfortable conditions such as whiplash. A car accident claim can be stressful, since insurance companies use loopholes to avoid paying you what you deserve for medical bills, damage, and ongoing expenses associated with your recovery. But our San Diego car accident lawyers, like Scott Liljegren can help ensure you aren’t stuck fighting them and paying hefty bill you don’t deserve.
Understanding Fault After Your Auto Accident
California is a “fault” insurance state, meaning accident victims usually file a claim with an insurance company to receive compensation for damages. Unfortunately, these insurance companies have been known to take advantage of the system and avoid paying a fair value for the claim. You’ve been faithfully paying your premiums, so shouldn’t an insurance company respond in kind? Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case, so it’s essential to have our San Diego car accident attorneys in your corner.
California accident victims are also free to pursue civil suits against the driver at fault under the state’s financial responsibility laws. If a car accident only involves property damage, you may be better off handling the claims process yourself. But if you or a loved one has been injured, consult with our San Diego personal injury attorneys.
Fill out our quick case evaluation form below and we’ll contact you to schedule a free, face-to-face consultation with an experienced attorney from Liljegren Law Group. Our law firm has offices all around San Diego.
Compensation for Auto Accident Victims
If you’re having trouble recovering money from the insurance company, we can help. We can also help pursue a claim against the at-fault driver. Our goal is to help you claim a settlement to help pay for:
- Your medical bills, including future rehabilitation expenses
- Lost wages from missed work, including any loss in earning capacity
- Property damage expenses, including renting a car
- Other out-of-pocket expenses associated with the accident
- Intangible damages such as pain, suffering and mental anguish
Who Might be at Fault for Your Losses?
Each accident claim is different, but these are some examples of the parties that can be held responsible for your injuries and losses.
- Reckless Drivers: Speeding, running red lights and driving distracted are common behaviors leading to serious accident, but even improper lane changes could help prove negligence in a car accident and injury lawsuit. Generally, no one is quick to take blame for a serious crash, even if it seems obvious. The Liljegren Law Group will help gather the necessary evidence and conduct interviews to ensure negligent drivers are held responsible.
- Car Manufacturing Companies: From defective brakes, airbags and even doors that can fly open while driving, no car manufacturer has remained immune from recalls and defects causing injuries and deaths. They also have a duty to properly inform the public and fix these defects in a legal, timely manner.
- Local or State Governments: It is usually the city’s responsibility to properly maintain roads, display proper signage and construct properly designed roads. If hazardous road conditions were a factor in your accident, the Liljegren Law Group has the experiences and resources to properly investigate and fight back against negligent parties, companies and agencies.
- Rideshare Companies: Lyft, Uber and other rideshare companies are used daily by individuals and by businesses. Neither, the drivers nor the companies are quick to take blame and will make the process difficult than when dealing with an unaffiliated reckless driver.
How Much Will a Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
Here at Liljegren Law Group, we handle all cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay nothing at all for our services unless we can recover money for you! If we are successful, then we take a small percentage of the recovery. This way, our interests are aligned as our goal is always to maximize your recovery amount. Additionally, our consultations are free so do not hesitate to call us and ask us any questions you would like!
We Represent All of San Diego County in Every Type of Car Accident Case
Our firm brings years of experience to the table and offers convenience with its eight locations throughout southern California. Our commitment to our clients makes us a top-rated personal injury law firms in San Diego. We offer our undivided and personalized attention to every client who walks through our doors.
To learn more about how we can help, contact us to set up a free initial consultation with an experienced San Diego car accident lawyer.
San Diego Roads With the Most Accidents & Injuries
|SAN DIEGO||UNIVERSITY AV||372||3||499|
|SAN DIEGO||EL CAJON BL||344||1||472|
|ESCONDIDO||EL NORTE PKWY||187||2||285|
|ESCONDIDO||CENTRE CITY PKWY||186||3||296|
|SAN DIEGO||MIRA MESA BL||180||2||292|
|CHULA VISTA||4TH AV||178||1||254|
|SAN DIEGO||BALBOA AV||178||1||282|
|SAN DIEGO||CLAIREMONT MESA BL||178||1||262|
|CARLSBAD||PALOMAR AIRPORT RD||172||0||173|
|SAN DIEGO||GENESEE AV||171||2||259|
|CHULA VISTA||3RD AV||163||1||205|
|SAN MARCOS||WEST SAN MARCOS BL||161||2||115|
|SAN DIEGO||IMPERIAL AV||154||4||222|
|SAN DIEGO||MARKET ST||151||1||214|
|SAN DIEGO||RT 15||150||2||227|
|SANTEE||MISSION GORGE RD||148||3||99|
|NATIONAL CITY||HIGHLAND AV||146||1||171|
|CARLSBAD||EL CAMINIO REAL||145||1||154|
|SAN DIEGO||FRIARS RD||137||2||192|
|CHULA VISTA||PALOMAR ST||123||1||140|
|CHULA VISTA||EAST H ST||122||0||171|
|CHULA VISTA||OTAY LAKES RD||122||0||113|
|SAN DIEGO||4TH AV||121||0||164|
|SAN DIEGO||MIRAMAR RD||121||0||198|
|SAN DIEGO||COLLEGE AV||120||1||168|
|VISTA||VISTA VILLAGE DR||119||0||71|
|CHULA VISTA||H ST||118||1||122|
|SAN MARCOS||SOUTH RANCHO SANTA FE RD||118||0||71|
|SAN DIEGO||5TH AV||117||2||157|
|SAN DIEGO||GRAND AV||114||2||143|
|CHULA VISTA||TELEGRAPH CANYON RD||113||0||125|
|SAN DIEGO||GARNET AV||112||2||149|
|SAN DIEGO||BLACK MOUNTAIN RD||109||2||161|
|VISTA||SOUTH MELROSE DR||109||0||103|
|SAN DIEGO||6TH AV||108||0||163|
|SAN DIEGO||CARMEL MOUNTAIN RD||108||2||167|
|UNINCORPORATED||SOUTH MISSION RD||106||0||73|
|SAN DIEGO||PARK BL||103||0||121|
|SAN MARCOS||RT 78||103||1||72|
|SAN DIEGO||RT 805||102||0||143|
|SAN DIEGO||A ST||101||0||147|
|SAN DIEGO||ROSECRANS ST||101||3||123|
|SAN DIEGO||KEARNY VILLA RD||100||1||155|
|SAN DIEGO||RT 5||97||1||120|
|VISTA||WEST VISTA WY||95||0||75|
|CHULA VISTA||OLYMPIC PKWY||94||1||120|
|SAN DIEGO||LINDA VISTA RD||93||1||126|
|CARLSBAD||CARLSBAD VILLAGE DR||91||0||75|
|SAN DIEGO||PALM AV||89||1||121|
|SAN DIEGO||INGRAHAM ST||88||1||119|
|SAN DIEGO||G ST||87||0||117|
|SAN DIEGO||SUNSET CLIFFS BL||86||0||117|
|CHULA VISTA||E ST||85||2||97|
|NATIONAL CITY||NATIONAL CITY BL||85||1||79|
|CARLSBAD||LA COSTA AV||83||0||66|
|CHULA VISTA||MAIN ST||83||0||108|
|OCEANSIDE||EL CAMINIO REAL||83||0||67|
|IMPERIAL BEACH||PALM AV||82||1||58|
|SAN DIEGO||EUCLID AV||82||0||120|
|SAN DIEGO||NORTH HARBOR DR||81||0||121|
|NATIONAL CITY||EAST PLAZA BL||80||0||79|
|VISTA||EAST VISTA WY||79||1||71|
Auto accidents are one of the leading causes of unintentional death in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Over 30,000 die each year nationwide, and account for $44 billion in medical and lost work costs. Another 2 million are injured, accounting for an additional $200 billion in costs.
California Car Accident Fatalities
Car accidents on California’s busy highways can be incredibly dangerous. Not only can mobile vehicle incidents lead to severe injuries, they can also cause death. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, there were 3,304 fatal crashes resulting in 3,602 deaths in California throughout 2017. While this accounts for 9.1 deaths per 100,000 people, these numbers make California the state with the second highest amount of fatal car crashes in the country, after Texas.
See our New Study: Most Dangerous (and Safest) Cities for CA Drivers
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents?
There are numerous reasons for car accidents – in fact, too many to fully detail. Each car accident is unique and fault depends on individual circumstances. However, there are several causes that often play a role in California auto accidents:
In recent years, distracted driving has played an increasingly prominent role in car accidents. Though we have laws banning mobile device use, people still use driving as an opportunity to text, talk, and scroll through social media. California law mandates that all cell phones must be mounted on the dashboard when using the navigation system. If a person involved in an accident is caught even holding their phone, they may be at fault. Other examples of distracted driving include eating, drinking, looking toward the backseat, or any action that takes a driver’s attention off the road.
Breaking Traffic Laws
We’re all guilty of breaking traffic laws from time to time – rolling stops, failing to signal, or failing to yield. If a driver doesn’t observe applicable traffic laws, they’ll likely be found at fault for an accident.
Failure to observe the speed limit is another example of a traffic violation, but it so commonly plays a role in car accidents that it merits its own discussion. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding is a factor in nearly a third of all serious auto accidents.
Inclement weather like rain, storms, and wind often play a role in auto accidents, especially here in southern California (where we’re used to sunshine). Slick roadways and decreased visibility make driving especially hazardous.
Like distracted driving, driving while impaired plays a major role in car accidents. These types of accidents are often serious and cause permanently disabling injury, as they are more likely to occur at high speeds. Drunk driving is a leading cause of car accident fatality and injury.
When we don’t get enough sleep, our judgment becomes impaired. Driver fatigue is especially dangerous when we consider truck drivers, who often travel cross-country and work under tight deadlines. That is one of the main causes for truck accidents, but Drowsy driving accidents are on the rise as a whole, as well, with CDC studies showing 16 to 19-year olds most at risk.
Types of Injuries From Car Accidents
A motor vehicle accident can lead to virtually any kind of injury, but some are more common than others. The severity of an injury will depend on a number of factors, for example, vehicle speed and the types of cars involved.
In serious car accidents, victims may suffer from open or closed head injuries, including traumatic brain injury (TBI). The side effects from these injuries can be permanently disabling and require a lifetime of care and assistance.
Neck Injuries, back injuries & spinal injuries
High speed collisions involve a lot of force. As such, victims commonly report head and back injuries. Spinal cord injuries may include disc displacement, fractured vertebrae, or nerve damage. These injuries require immediate and ongoing medical attention.
Drivers often report mild or severe injuries to the face as the result of impact with another vehicle. Examples include broken or bruised cheekbones, broken noses, burns from airbag impact, and concussions.
Broken bones are commonplace in both high and low impact collisions. Drivers and passengers may suffer broken bones in the wrists, collarbone, or extremities. Other injuries, such as dislocation and bone bruising may also occur.
If left untreated, internal bleeding can be devastating, leading to organ failure, sepsis, or death.
Some injuries might not manifest until well after an accident. For example, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and depression can seriously diminish quality of life.
What to do Immediately After an Auto Accident?
- Make sure everyone is okay – In the event of injury, call emergency services and the police. Note that the San Diego police will only report to the scene of an accident if there are injuries.
- Move vehicle to safe spot
- Take pictures of everything – This may include the damage to your vehicle, the other driver’s car, landmarks, and injuries. These will aid in your insurance claim.
- Call the police – Only sign a report from the on-site police officer – never from the other driver’s insurance company.
- Get insurance information – This includes; from the other driver, and make a note of their license plate.
- Call your insurance company – Notify your insurance agent as soon as possible. If you have sustained serious injury and believe the other driver was at fault, get in touch with a local car accident attorney. These two will work together to pay for your medical bills, missed work, and ongoing care.
5 Things to Remember After a Car Accident
- Never admit fault – It’s nice to say sorry when you’re late to an appointment, but in an auto accident this is the same as admitting fault. Ask the driver if they’re okay, but never say “I’m sorry.”
- State only the facts – Only discuss these with your insurance company and the on-site police officer.
- Do not talk give a recorded statement to the other side’s insurance company without an attorney.
- Be careful what you sign – Only sign documentation from your insurance company or the police officer on scene
- If you are injured, go to the hospital – Seek medical attention promptly, and take care of yourself.
Did you witness a car accident and are unsure what to do or if you are now under any legal obligations? Our blog post should help answer any of these or similar questions: What to do After Witnessing a Car Accident.
Get Started Today | Contact Liljegren Law Group
Need help from experienced Car Accident Lawyers? Liljegren Law Group will protect your legal rights. We offer free consultations and will provide you with the best legal representation you need. Schedule your free case evaluation online or give us a call at any time. (619) 460-0109