The San Diego Personal Injury Law Firm Where You Come First
Our #1 goal: Maximize your recovery. You need a law firm that will fight for you and your family and put your needs first. Contact us today for your free case evaluation and to find out how we can help!
Have you or a loved one been injured as the result of someone else’s negligence? If so, you may have a case for a personal injury lawsuit. From distracted drivers not paying attention while on the road to major corporations not following safety protocols, negligent accidents happen everyday in San Diego County. We are here to help.
Our San Diego personal injury attorney, Scott Liljegren, has decades of experience fighting for just compensation in cases involving all types of personal injury matters, including car accidents, truck crashes, motorcycle wrecks and any other accidents caused by someone else.
Call the Liljegren Law Group today to schedule a free consultation and discover how much your case is worth. No fees unless we win!
- Contact a San Diego Injury Attorney
- Do I have a Personal Injury Claim?
- What steps should I take after my injury?
Why Hire Liljegren Law Group?
- Never a fee unless we win. You don’t pay us anything for our services unless we win your case!
- Direct Communication. The Liljegren Law Group is a family company, not a money-hungry corporation. We take on only the amount of cases we can successfully handle ensuring all our clients receive the personal attention they deserve. Outside of the office, attorney Liljegren is committed to bettering his community as a Board Chair member in the Escondido Chamber of Commerce
- Creative Solutions. From strategic and groundbreaking negotiation tactics to crafting original trial strategies, Liljegren Law Group continuously reinvents and updates our client solutions. No two accidents are ever the same; neither are our arguments.
- Retired Attorney for the Navy. Liljegren launched his legal career as a Navy claims and litigation attorney in San Diego, eventually retiring as the attorney for the 3-Star Admiral of Naval Aviation. Through his service, Liljegren learned the importance of diligence, community, and fighting to help others.
- Multi-Million Dollar Settlements: We have recovered millions for injured people in San Diego County.
We Are Skilled, Compassionate Personal Injury Attorneys
At Liljegren Law Group, we understand and sympathize with those who have suffered personal injuries. The short-term effects may be painful, but the long-term effects can be catastrophic on you and your family. We provide our services to mitigate those financial disasters, and get you back on the right track toward full recovery.
Our team will assist your personal injury, accident, or wrongful death case in San Diego every step of the way. This includes gathering any evidence or data that can help your case, calculating the maximum damages you may recover, and communicating with the insurance companies to negotiate the best compensation you can receive.
For even more specific answers regarding your civil lawsuit questions, please read our personal injury FAQs and schedule your free consultation with Scott Liljegren.
Why Do I Need a San Diego Personal Injury Attorney?
A personal injury lawsuit may seem straightforward, especially if you listen to insurance companies looking for a quick settlement. However, consulting a San Diego personal injury lawyer can afford you many advantages:
- Experience: Personal injury lawyers have insight into the inner-workings of the litigation process, preventing parties from potentially taking advantage of you.
- Time: Your time is valuable, and personal injury attorneys are aware of that. They take care of the day-to-day legal process, such as filing paperwork and calculating damages, so you can focus your time on recovery and rehabilitation.
- Convenience: Personal injury lawyers have the resources and knowledge to take care of most of the litigation process for you. There’s no need to file paperwork yourself, or potentially plead your case in a lawsuit. Your attorney will be there to help you out at every turn.
- Compensation: Insurance companies often offer quick settlements to car accident victims to block litigation. These are usually low-ball offers that are a fraction of what you may recover through proper legal representation. Plus, the team at Liljegren Law Group never accepts retainer agreements and works on contingency fees- meaning there’s no attorney fees if you don’t win.
Liljegren Law Group has all the advantages in a personal injury lawsuit, with experience and knowledge to offer you peace of mind and maximum compensation throughout the legal process.
What Do I Do After Suffering a Personal Injury in San Diego?
If you are injured as a result of an accident, be sure to do the following:
- Get yourself out of immediate danger: If you were in a car accident, get out of the vehicle and into a safe location.
- Call 911: This ensures that you have both police and medical professionals on the scene. The police can file a report that accurately details the accident, while paramedics can stabilize any serious injuries on the scene.
- Document everything: Write down any and all details you can recall of the incident, and take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries immediately following the accident.
- Obtain personal information: This includes names, numbers, addresses, ID numbers, and any other pertinent info from any other involved parties – including witness, if applicable.
- Visit a doctor ASAP: Serious injuries may feel minor due to a surge of adrenaline during the incident.
- Call your insurance provider immediately: In the case of a car accident, you may be required to report any accidents to your provider.
During this time, it’s best to contact the San Diego personal injury attorneys at Liljegren Law Group. We have the experience and compassion to help you through the claims process with minimal stress and peace of mind.
Do I have a Personal Injury Claim?
In most personal injury claims, one major basis for holding one party responsible for the injury is negligence – when someone’s careless, thoughtless actions cause injury to the plaintiff. Legally proving a party’s negligence typically hinges on four components:
- Duty: The party owed a legal duty of care to the injured party. For example, doctors are legally inclined to provide their patients with competent medical care, and property owners have a legal duty to ensure their premises are safe from injuries and harm stemming from slip-and-falls, etc.
- Breach: The party breached their legal duty by a failure to act, or an unwillingness to act, despite knowing the potential for injury. Essentially, this compares the actions of the party to those of an average person in a similar situation with the same knowledge.
- Causation: The party’s negligent actions actually caused the injury.
- Damages: You incurred significant damages as a result of the actions (or inactions) of the defendants. This includes physical, emotional, and financial damages.
What Damages Can I Recover From a Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on the severity of the incident, you may be eligible for a sizable amount of compensation. The potential amount of damages recovered may include:
- Medical bills
- Income, such as lost wages and lost earning capacity
- Property loss, such as automobiles
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment due to drastic decrease in quality of life
At Liljegren Law Group, we assist plaintiffs in determining a fair compensation amount, and do everything in our power to get you the maximum percentage possible.
To make it easy to hire us, we never ask for any retainer agreement or charge hourly fees. At Liljegren Law Group, our injury lawyers work on contingency fee basis, meaning there’s no attorney fees or paying for the cost of litigation if we don’t win your lawsuit. We hope this allows all injured victims to focus on mentally and physically healing as opposed to worrying about financial payment to medical staff and law offices.
How to Find the Best Personal Injury Lawyer for You
If you are like most people in San Diego, you don’t know a personal injury lawyer. Most people turn to Google to search for “personal injury lawyer near me” or “best personal injury lawyer in San Diego“. So how do you choose the right attorney to help you? The most important things to consider when choosing an accident lawyer are:
- Does this lawyer specialize in handing personal injury cases? You want to choose a lawyer with a practice that focuses just on handling personal injury cases, not a generalist who practices many areas of law.
- Does this lawyer have lots of experience handling accident cases like mine? For example, if you have been in a car crash, you want to be sure you have an attorney who has handled hundreds or thousands of car accident lawsuits.
- How is the communication between the law firm and their clients? Some law firms have too many cases and as a result give very poor service to the clients they represent. The biggest complaint people have about their lawyers is that the law firm doesn’t call them back. Here at the Liljegren Law Group, we make client communication a top priority!
- What kind of past case results does the firm have to show? You want to hire a law firm with a great track record of results handling car accident cases, dog bites, burn injuries, or whatever type of case you have.
- Choose a lawyer that you feel you can trust. Does the attorney seem like someone you will get along with? That’s an important part of your decision. Sometimes, personal injury lawsuits take a long time to get resolved. You want to make sure you hire someone that you will enjoy working with.
Here at the Liljegren Law Group, we believe we have all these traits. If you’ve suffered harm and you are looking to find a lawyer who can help, call our office today. The consultation is free. We will do whatever we can to help you or at least give you the advice you need so you can make an informed decision on what to do. Don’t let the insurance companies take advantage of you! Let us negotiate the maximum settlements for you. If that number isn’t satisfactory, we are not afraid to file a lawsuit and take your case to trial for the compensation you rightfully deserve.